„Sewing my own clothes is more than just a hobby to me – It’s my passion, my recreation and my favourite way to express my creativity.“
Who is Lasercat?
I’m 30 years old, living in Germany, together with my husband, my daughter and two cats. When I’m not blogging or sewing I work as an IT project manager/product manager.
My mother taught me about sewing when I was a kid. I remember sitting at her feed when she was at her sewing machine, making little dresses for my barbie dolls from her fabric scraps. It’s awesome being able to create my own wardrobe of clothes that fit both my body and style.
I started sharing my sewing experiences in my first blog in 2008. Since then, not only my blogging style has changed. Until late 2019 I had two blogs, one in english and one in german. Now, 2020 I combined these two languages in one site, https://www.lasercat.fashion.
- Purple and everything that is purple
- music: Heavy Meta, Rock, Folk and Progressive Rock
- gaming (mostly on pc, but lately I play a lot on the switch too). I love fantasy RPGs like Skyrim, The Witcher or Zelda
I don’t like:
- Xenophobia and racism
- Berries (I don’t like to eat them)
- Leaving the house without makeup
- Phone conversations
My favourite handmade pieces
Here are a few of my favourite handmade clothes I made during the past years: